It’s strawberry season here in New England, and my daughters and I love going to pick! We just finished using the remaining strawberries from our last picking adventure. This time we decided to make something we had never made before: Strawberry Ice Cream! It was a big hit all around.
Here is the recipe:
- 1 cup milk (we used 1%)
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, mashed (puree them if you prefer a smoother consistency)
- Add all ingredients to a large mixing bowl. Whisk until all ingredients are mixed.
- Add mixture to an ice cream maker.
- Allow ice cream maker to run for about 25 minutes, or until thickened to your liking.
- Store in an airtight container in the freezer.
For more recipes ideas using freshly picked strawberries, check out 10 Ways to Eat Strawberries.