It’s the time of the year that my daughters and I love the most – blueberry picking season! We traditionally go on many blueberry picking excursions during this season. Most of the time, we eat the berries just as they are, but we also enjoy baking them into delicious recipes. Blueberry pie is a yearly tradition in our home – we make it once each year using freshly picked berries. We have tried several recipes throughout the years, but this one from Allrecipes.com is our favorite so far.
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 3 Tablespoons cornstarch
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 cups fresh blueberries
- 1 pastry for a 9-inch double crust pie
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- Preheat oven to 425°
- Mix sugar, cornstarch, salt, and cinnamon. Sprinkle over blueberries.
- Line pie dish with one pie crust. Pour berry mixture into the crust. Dot with butter.
- Top with remaining pie crust. Crimp and flute edges.
- Bake pie on lower shelf of oven for about 50 minutes, or until crust is golden brown. Be sure to place a pan or foil underneath it to catch any drippings.
Next time we make this, we are going to attempt to make individual pies rather than one big one. I will update this post if we are successful. Happy pie-eating! 🙂