Baked haddock is currently my 7-year-old’s favorite meal! That makes me happy because haddock is an excellent source of protein and is packed with vitamins and minerals. For more benefits of haddock, click here.
I try to get fish into our diet at least once a week, so I make this whenever I can find fresh haddock, usually once every couple of weeks. And it couldn’t be easier to make! I do use Ritz crackers which isn’t the most healthy way to eat it, but I’m just happy to get some fish in our diets and my family loves it this way.
- 1 pound haddock, skinned
- 1 egg, beaten
- ½ sleeve ritz crackers (or enough to cover the top of the fish), crushed
- 3-4 Tablespoons butter, cubed
- Rinse Haddock under water, and check to make sure there are no bones.
- Place haddock into 9” x 13” glass baking dish.
- Rub egg over both sides of haddock.
- Coat the top of the haddock evenly with ritz crackers.
- Place cubes of butter on and around haddock.
- Back in a 500° oven for 15 minutes. Enjoy! 🙂