This is one of the easiest and best-tasting cake recipes I have made. Having only 3 ingredients, it’s REALLY easy to make…my 7-year old made the cake and icing with very little help from me. The entire family agreed it was one of the best cakes we have ever had. The part I love the best is that there are NO added unhealthy oils…a can of pure pumpkin, packed with nutrients, was used instead. You could try it without the eggs, but we found this to be really moist using 3 eggs, and everyone in the family thought it was really delicious.
- 1 Box Strawberry Cake Mix
- 1 (15 oz.) Can Pumpkin
- 3 eggs
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Mix all ingredients together with a mixer on low speed for 2 minutes.
- Grease pan and place batter into pan (we used a bundt pan, but feel free to use whatever size pan you have. You could even make cupcakes if you prefer.)
- Cook according to times on the box based on the pan you use. Ours cooked for 39 minutes in the bundt pan.
- Let cool, and then drizzle icing over it (recipe below).
To Make the Icing:
- 1 cup confectioners sugar
- 1 ½ tablespoons milk
Mix sugar and milk together in a 2 cup measuring cup. Slowly drizzle over cake. Enjoy! 🙂