As 2014 comes to a close, I feel it is important to reflect on the past year and recognize the good things I have discovered. Reading is a big part of my life. I love to read, I love to learn, and I LOVE to be inspired. I have read a lot of great books over the past year, but these 10 have inspired me the most.
I have included links to those I have reviewed (click on the title or the book cover to see the review.) In the next year, it is my goal to review the remainder of them (so stay tuned for those in a future Monday:Book and Movie Review post).
Here are the Top 10 Inspirational Books I Read in 2014:
10. The Artists Way by Julia Cameron
This book helped me to realize the connection between creativity and spirituality. Book review coming soon!
9. Heaven is for Real by Todd Burpo
This book helped to take away the fear of death. It gave me comfort regarding life after death, confirmed for me that heaven is just as wonderful as I had always believed, and it even excited me about all that awaits us after our purpose on this earth has been fulfilled. The movie was also wonderful!
8. Animal, Vegetable, Miracle by Barbara Kingsolver
This book made me more aware of WHERE my food was coming from. I learned a great deal about eating seasonally and preserving the harvest. I became more aware of the amount of energy used to transport foods, and I have changed my buying habits to buy local and eat seasonally whenever possible.
7. Don’t Sweat the Small Stuff by Richard Carlson
A book filled with wonderful advice. There are 100 great tips to help you relax and stop stressing out about the little things.
6. Tuesdays with Morrie by Mitch Albom
One of my all-time favorites! Morrie is so full of wisdom and optimism, and I enjoy the way he always focuses on his blessings. We could all learn from him. I think everyone should read this book at least once!
5. The Charge by Brendon Burchard
This book really motivated me and got me feeling charged about life and some projects I am currently working on. The book is a great motivator!
4. A Quaker Book of Wisdom by Robert Lawrence Smith
This book is FILLED with wisdom! I LOVED it!
3. Dying to Be Me – by Anita Moorjani
I love the message of this book. This book taught me the importance of being true to myself always. It taught me that physical death is not something to fear, and it taught me the importance of letting go of all fears and enjoying life to the fullest…now!! This book reinforces the belief that we are spiritual beings having a human experience and that we are all connected.
2. Wonder by R.J. Palacio
One of the most moving and inspiring books I’ve ever read. I think everyone should read this book at least once! I LOVED it!!
1. Life Makeovers by Cheryl Richardson
I have read and taken the weekly challenges given in this book each week for over 7 years, and it still continues to inspire me!
I have read so many wonderful books over the past year. It was difficult to choose only 10. Here are some other books I have read in 2014 that were inspirational, but didn’t make my Top 10:
- Wishes Fulfilled by Wayne Dyer
- 365 Days of Wonder by R.J. Palacio
- The Omnivore’s Dilemma by Michael Pollan
- The Boy on the Porch by Sharon Creech
- Grace for the Moment by Max Lucado
- Chosen Forever by Susan Richards
- Angela’s Ashes by Frank McCourt
- Firefly Lane by Kristin Hannah
- All About Me by Philipp Keel (Journal)
- Wheat Belly by William Davis, M.D.
Which books have inspired you this year? Please let me know in the comments below.