‘Tis the season for holiday parties and celebrations! This “Dirt Pudding” dessert is my go-to dish for any potluck event. It is always a huge hit at any time of the year, and it is usually gone within minutes. It is super easy to make and requires no cooking…just a few minutes for the pudding to thicken.
- 1 cup confectioners sugar
- 8 oz. Cream cheese (softened)
- ¼ cup butter (room temperature)
- 8 oz. Container Cool Whip
- 2 ½ cups milk
- 1 (3.4oz) package instant vanilla pudding
- 1 package Oreo cookies, crushed
- 1 package gummy worms (optional)
- Cream together sugar, cream cheese, & butter
- Add Cool Whip, milk & pudding. Mix well.
- Cover and place into the refrigerator until the pudding thickens and you are ready to assemble.
- Crush Oreos (with hands or use a food processor)
- Put into a pot in layers. Begin and end with Oreos.
- Push gummy worms halfway into “dirt” (optional)
Variation: To make “Sand” Pudding instead of “Dirt” Pudding, use a package of Nilla wafers and 1 or 2 Oreos instead of a package of Oreos. Serve in a clean pail with a clean shovel.
Another thing you can do with this recipe is make individual size portions. I recently made these for a bake sale by putting individual portions of the pudding mixture into dixie cups, topping with oreo crumbs, and adding a gummy worm to each one. They were a huge hit!