I would love to share with you my family’s favorite blueberry muffin recipe. We make this often during blueberry season in July. But, we do freeze some of the blueberries we picked so we can make this any time of the year.
This year, I submitted these muffins in a baking contest at a large fair in our area, and it won 2nd place!!
I made a few healthy modifications to this recipe at allrecipes.com, and this is what I came up with to make the award-winning muffins:
Blueberry Muffins with Crumb Topping
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 1 egg
- about 1/3 cup milk
- 1 cup fresh blueberries (or frozen)
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line muffin tin with muffin liners (makes 12 muffins)
- Combine 1 1/2 cups flour, 3/4 cup sugar, and baking powder.
- Place coconut oil into a 1-cup measuring cup; add the egg and enough milk to fill the cup. Mix this into the flour mixture.
- Fold in blueberries.
- Fill muffin cups evenly and sprinkle with crumb topping mixture (directions below.)
- Bake for approximately 18 minutes at 400 degrees.
Crumb Topping Instructions:
Mix together 1/2 cup sugar, 1/3 cup flour, 1/4 cup butter, and 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon. Mix with fork and sprinkle over muffins before baking.
Makes 12 muffins. Enjoy 🙂